WOODWARD KENNELS, L.L.C.
Deposit will be fully refunded if the puppy is not available due to illness or death of said puppy before balance is paid in full to seller, or due to some cause that is the fault of the seller. NO refund will be given if the buyer chooses not to complete the purchase of the dog for any other reason i.e. Color or sex wasn’t produced. Balance must be paid in full before when puppy is picked up or this contract will be considered void. After 2 weeks the puppy remaining the property of the seller and any money paid shall NOT be refunded to the buyer, unless prior arrangements have been made. Final payment must be made with cash, check or a money order.
1) At Woodward Kennels, many of our puppies will develop into dogs that are suitable for one or more of the following purposes: showing, hunting or Family Pet. It should be understood, however that there is no guarantee at time of sale regarding the future showing, hunting. What is guaranteed is a good companion animal and family pet.
2) Buyer must take the puppy to the vet within three (3) business days of picking up the puppy.
3) This puppy is guaranteed to be in good health, to the best of my knowledge at the time of this sale. Additionally this puppy has had its initial inoculation against distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus. I will provide a vaccination record of the purchased puppy. If the puppy is due for vaccinations, and the Buyer fails to provide vaccinations on that day, this guarantee is null and void if the puppy contracts diseases that would otherwise be prevented by those vaccinations.
4) Seller has taken puppy for a veterinary exam where it received deworming at 7 weeks and their first set of shots at 7 wks. The second sets of shots are due at 11 weeks, the third set of shots are due at 15 weeks and your puppy will need their rabies shot at this time. After 16 weeks, yearly vaccinations are required.
5) The buyer agrees to provide annual vet exams, including heartworm checks and preventatives, to do all vaccinations yearly, and keep all records of them as your vet recommends. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees. The Buyer further warrants that the puppy will be kept in appropriate conditions for its health and welfare. Puppy will be fed a suitable diet for its age. Puppy will receive regular booster vaccinations. Puppy will receive all necessary veterinary care to maintain its good health. Remember to keep you puppy clean.
6) The seller is not responsible for immunity level, mites, pneumonia, mange, heatstroke, ringworm, conjunctivitis, fleas, ticks, ear infections or any communicable diseases once the puppy has left my hands. Buyer is responsible for keeping their puppy away from contaminated areas, out of the heat and cold drafty places.
7) I shall not be responsible for any medical costs incidental to the puppy after Buyer receives the puppy. I guarantee the above-described puppy to be healthy at the time of the sale. I do not assume any liability for any injury to said puppy after time of sale.
8) You must contact the Seller within 24 hours of the exam if any life threatening genetic defects/or death have been occurred up to the age of 24 months. You must provide the Seller with a copy of your Veterinarian’s written certificate stating the exact genetic defect found or cause of death by autopsy if necessary. The buyer should provide all documentation and any or all x-rays and other material from their veterinarian to Woodward Kennels who will seek confirming diagnosis from a veterinarian. Should the condition prove to be hereditary in nature or in the event of death, and if the veterinarian is in agreement as to the presence of a genetic defect, or that a puppy’s death was caused by a genetic defect and not due to neglect, accidents, or sickness at the puppy’s new home, the puppy will be replaced with one of equal value as soon as one becomes available. If these regulations are not met the Guarantee becomes null and void.
9) The seller also additionally guarantees that all puppies will be free of hip dysplasia for 24 months from the date of this contract. Active hip dysplasia is defined as radiograph results determined to be moderate or severe by OFA. If the puppy is found to be dysplastic (with the rating stated above) of the hips by a veterinarian and the certificate has been sent to the seller, the buyer may choose to replace the puppy of with one of equal value as soon as one becomes available.
10) We DO NOT guarantee against the following: non-genetic hip dysplasia, ingestion of poisons, bloat, hernias, reproductive issues, and “knuckling out” which is due to uneven growth pattern between the bone and tissue/muscle of the puppy and it is cause by dietary imbalances and/or missing micro-minerals and/or minerals that are not available to the body most often.
11) No replacement for temperament as this is environmental and Buyer’s responsibility. As responsible breeders we expect that this puppy be properly socialized and attend a puppy obedience classes. As a breeder I do everything possible as to breed dogs of sound mind (temperament) and body. Some responsibility is the Buyer’s as to proper feeding, exercise, socializing and training, of which all have a bearing on the end results of a sound adult dog. I am not responsible for any damage the puppy might do at any given age.
12) IF THE BUYER PREFERS COMMERCIAL SHIPMENT: I will arrange air shipment for the said puppy, however, the Buyer will pay the cost of any and all arrangements and expenses for commercial shipment of the said puppy. The cost of shipping a puppy is an additional $400.00, this price includes the airfare, health certificate, kennel and supplies required for shipping. The puppy will be shipped Airfreight. I cannot commercially ship a puppy before 8 weeks of age. I shall not be responsible for the safety of the puppy while in transit to the Buyer’s place of residence.
13) Buyer agrees to and understands the following conditions: The puppy shall not be leased or given to any pet shop or research establishment. Buyer further agrees that said puppy should not be used for medical or any other experimental purposes or sold to supplier, wholesaler, shelter, pound, or humane society. If the kennel is informed that the puppy/dog that is under this contract was given away or sold, then the buyer shall pay the kennel a breach of contract fee of $1500.00.
14) If at any time during the puppy’s life, you are unable to care for the puppy or you decide that you just don’t want him/her anymore. DO NOT TAKE THE PUPPY TO ANY TYPE OF SHELTER OR GIVE AWAY OR DISPOSE OF PUPPY. All my puppy(s)/dog(s) are always welcomed to come back here. Please contact me and we will make arrangements in getting the puppy/dog back home to me or a mutually agreed upon house. There will be no refund given. If the kennel is informed that the puppy/dog that is under this contract was given away or sold then the buyer shall pay the kennel a breach of contract fee of $1500.00. A stipulation to this is if the buyer has informed the kennel of the change in home and the buyer and kennel are in agreement about the new home, then no penalty would apply.
15) Breeding: The Buyer agrees not to use the dog for breeding purposes until the dog has reached at least 24 months of age. Buyer also agrees that this dog will not be used for breeding purposes until cleared by x-rays of hip dysplasia, and until the dog has been cleared for hip defects (OFA or PENN). Buyer agrees that any male or female dog used for breeding with this dog will also be checked and cleared for the above stated conditions. If the kennel is informed that the puppy/dog that is under this contract was bred not according to these stipulations, the buyer shall pay the kennel a breach of contract fee of $1500.00
This agreement is made by both parties to insure the well-being and protection of this animal. If any part of this agreement is breached, the Seller is released from any further obligation hereunder. Should the Seller need to seek legal action against the buyer for violations of this agreement, the Buyer will assume any and all attorney costs and court fees.
This contract shall be deemed a legal and binding agreement between Seller and Buyer and is under the jurisdiction of the state of North Dakota in the county of Williams. It is further agreed that should any dispute/arbitration between Seller and Buyer regarding said puppy/dog occur that the legal venue shall be the County of Williams North Dakota.
This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties and no statement or verbal agreements made by either party that are not contained in this written contract shall be valid or binding. This contract may not be modified or altered except in writing and signed by both parties. Violations of this Contract will constitute BREACH of CONTRACT.
I have read and understand the stipulations of the Contract and voluntarily agree to all elements, stipulations and provisions herein.
Printed Name of Buyer: _____________________________________
Buyer Signature: ___________________________________________
Buyer’s Address: ____________________________________________
Buyer’s Phone No.: __________________________________________
Buyer’s Email: _____________________________________________
Name of Seller: Stacy or Josh Woodward
Signature of Seller: __________________________________________
You can copy this contract so that you can sign it then email it back, or you can send it by mail if you can’t scan it. A copy of this completed Contract with both Buyer and Seller's signatures will be provided to the Buyer.